Color Strand Test:
Your final color result will depend on the color, thickness, and overall condition of your hair. To ensure that you are pleased with your Naturtint® color, we recommend the following test so you can see the results and determine the best processing time before a full application.
How to perform a color strand test:
- Put on the gloves provided and carefully unscrew the caps from Colorant (A) & the Color Developer (B) bottles.
- In a plastic or glass bowl, using plastic utensils, mix a small amount (in equal measures) of the Colorant (A) and the Color Developer (B) until totally blended.
- Section off a lock of hair at least one-half inch across on your scalp and secure with a hair elastic.
- Apply the formula to the lock of hair and leave on for about 30 minutes. If your roots contain a high percentage of gray, apply the formula to the root first and process for 10 minutes before applying it to the rest of the lock of hair for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse the lock of hair. (In the case of stubborn gray, or to achieve a more intense color, leave the mixture on for another 5-10 minutes.)
- Gently dry the lock of hair to reveal your color result, remembering to take note of your hair’s specific development time.
COLOR STRAND TEST RESULTS:
- If the color result is too dark, reduce the development time for your full coloring process, or choose a lighter shade.
- If the gray coverage is insufficient, increase the development time to a maximum of 40 minutes.
- If the color result is too light, choose a darker shade.
How do I perform a skin sensitivity test?
Hair Color Warnings & Cautions!
Article is closed for comments.